Instructions to members of public
about CO. OP. HSG. Societies and how to prevent cheating at
the time of purchasing flats
1. VERIFICATION OF
OWNERSHIP OF LAND.
Ensure from the City Survey office that the
developer has been granted the N.O.C and the
land is Non-Agricultural (N.A.)
Types of land
Where to verify from
The concerned office
Verification from the Collector’s
For clear title, 7/12 (Sat Bara) Extract to
be verified from the "Talathi" OR "Tahasildar"
For Land in Dispute or in legal litigation -
approach "Bailiff" or "Arbitrator" from
2. N.O.C.’s OF VARIOUS
For electricity supply.
For drainage, water supply,
3. TO CHECK THE
LEGALITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION
A) Checking of Commencement Certificate or
Intimation of Disapproval by the Municipal
B) Contact the Builder / Developer for
1. Plans submitted by the architect
2. Notice in Newspaper for clearance of
title of the land
3. Certificate from solicitor
4. Confirm whether Residential or Commercial
5. F.S.I. permitted, and utilized by the
6. Percentage of reservation made for
Government flats or any special category
7. Whether covered under Urban Land Ceiling
4. ENTERING INTO AGREEMENT
1. The agreement for sale
should be properly signed by the concerned
2. The agreement must be attested by two
3. Only the agreement registered with the
Collector will be treated as the
4. Stamp Duty should be paid only at the
Collector’s Office at the time of
registration of the agreement
5. MODE OF PAYMENT
1. Cheque is the safest way of payment.
2. If paid by cash, insist on receipt.
3. Repayment of loans obtained from the
Financial Institutions should be made only
to the concerned Institution and not to
the builder or developer.
So Here's wishing you a very happy year
ahead, And all the bad luck to the cheats.